These Zucchini Muffins are the perfect savory snack or you can turn them into a meal by adding a side of avocado and salad.
Best of all it can be made quickly, within 30 minutes or less!
This recipe can be doubled or even tripled to cater for large families or when batch cooking.
The muffins also freeze well for the perfect grab and go meal.
You also don’t have to follow the recipe to the letter, so feel free to substitute ingredients you are missing or alter them to suit your dietary preferences, intolerance or allergies.
Zucchini Muffin Recipe
Recipe makes 12 muffins
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds to top
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, prepare muffin tray by greasing with olive oil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and then add all other ingredients, combine well.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Divide mixture into the muffin tin and top with sesame seeds, bake for 20-25 minutes until mixture has set and top is golden. Serve with sliced avocado and salad.